- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) Southwestern black beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (14 ounces) fully cooked beer bratwurst links, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chili seasoning mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours. Yield: 8 servings (2 1/2 quarts).
Reviews forBeer Brat Chili
"This is a great slow cooker recipe. I used regular smoked sausage, because it's what we prefer and it was delicious!"
"Very tasty. I doubled the recipe to feed everyone. For the doubled recipe I used one less can of diced tomatoes and added one extra can of diced tomato and chillies, and because no one in the family really likes bell peppers, I omitted them. I used one package beer brats and one package sweet italian sausages. The sweet italian sausage gave it a much better flavor I thought. When serving we also tried some with a dab of sour cream and a handful of cheddar cheese...excellent both ways. Definitely a keeper of a recipe."
"Really, really good! I didn't have any frozen corn on hand, so I substituted a can of rinsed, drained kidney beans. easy to fix; the hardest part was opening the cans."
"Very, very good! Not to hot not to mild! Very easy to make! Next time I am going to try kielbasa instead of brats.."
"Absolutely a keeper"
"Great and easy"
"Very good and easy to fix."
"Flavors just weren't for me. My hubby gave it a "B" he said."