Beer-Battered Potato Wedges
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream, optional
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or just until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, whisk the flour, milk, egg, seasoned salt, oil and pepper until smooth. Stir in beer; set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each into 12 wedges. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Dip potato wedges into batter. Fry in batches for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts6 piece: 267 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 17, 2016
Good side dish with burgers, especially served with ranch dressing
May 25, 2012
These were really bland which is surprising with the amount of salt used & the batter was way too thick.