Beer and Brats Nachos
- 1 package (14 ounces) fully cooked smoked bratwurst links, sliced
- 2-1/4 cups frozen pepper and onion stir-fry blend
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup beer or beef broth
- 12 cups tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, saute bratwurst for 1 minute. Add stir-fry blend; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cheese and flour. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beer; heat over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium-low; add a handful of cheese mixture. Stir constantly, using a figure-eight motion, until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing cheese to almost completely melt between additions.
- 4. Arrange tortilla chips on a large serving platter. Spoon cheese mixture over chips. Top with bratwurst mixture. Serve immediately.
1 serving: 348 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Dec 30, 2015
Well received. Liked the flavor the beer gave it.
One word of advice - serve immediately like the recipe advises. If you don't, it gets soggy fast!
Oct 5, 2014
I was looking for an appetizer for Oktoberfest and this fit the bill perfectly. I wold definitely make it again.