Beehive Cake Recipe
Guests at my fun Bee Tea thought this cake was so cute! To make the hive's different-sized cake layers, I just searched through my kitchen drawers and cabinets and found containers I had on hand to bake the tiers. Honey adds character to the spice cake's flavor. -Sheila Bradshaw, Columbus, Ohio
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) spice cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 9 to 10 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 chocolate wafer (2-1/2 inches)
- 1. Bake the small cake at 350° for 30-35 minutes, the medium cake for 40-45 minutes and the large cake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from dishes to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, beat frosting and food coloring. Place large cake on a serving plate; spread with frosting. Top with medium cake; frost. Add small cake; frost top and sides of entire cake. Using a wooden spoon and beginning at bottom of cake, make circles in frosting around cake to form the beehive. Position chocolate wafer at the base for the entrance. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 467 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Beehive Cake
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC