- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups water, divided
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef and Italian seasoning over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add 2 cups water, onions, celery, rice, bouillon, pepper and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in the soup, mushrooms and remaining water. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews forBeefy Wild Rice Soup
"I loved it! It has a lot of flavor for such a simple soup. I think sometimes I may add a bit of chopped carrot as well."
"I made this dish over the weekend for my family and they loved it! I changed the recipe up just a bit. I used 6 cups of beef stock, instead of the water, I added a clove of minced garlic, and I added a cup of sliced carrots. This gave the soup a richness to the flavor. I will definitely make this soup again."
"we liked this recipe, although it does need a little help with seasoning. I will make again, but will be adding some garlic, a little onion powder. Also, we think this might taste good with a little swiss cheese on top. Very good!"
"Loved, loved, loved this recipe! I've only made it once, but it was so hearty and delicious I'm definitely going to make it again!"
"Good but bland. The spices all need to be doubled. Also add onion powder garlic powder and dash of salt! Very good with modifications to flavor!"
"I had some ground beef that I wanted to use up and found a winner with this recipe. I used 3 cans of chicken/mushroom soup since I didn't have mushroom soup and it was excellent. I added some cooked chicken also that put it way over the top. I had baked the chicken breasts in some butter and covered them with black pepper and white pepper. Thanks for the recipe."
"I added some mild italian sausage. Very good!"
"I knew I liked the taste of wild rice but I had never cooked with it until I tried this recipe. My family wasn't familiar with wild rice so I had some trepidation about whether they would like it; but I needn't have worried because they loved it!"