Beefy Vegetable Stew
"This is my family's favorite budget meal," remarks Theresa Stone of Bakersfield, California. "It's not only inexpensive, but quick and tasty, too! Frozen veggies and canned tomatoes shave minutes off preparation time."
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 137 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Beefy Vegetable Stew in Quick Cooking May/June 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.