Beefy Tortilla Lasagna
Tortillas and a spicy meat sauce plus the corn make this lasagna out of the ordinary! I like to serve it with a salad and corn bread.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef. Drain. Add corn, tomato sauce, picante sauce, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Place half of the tortillas in the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spoon meat mixture over tortillas.
- Combine the cottage cheese, egg substitute, Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic powder; spread over meat mixture. Top with remaining tortillas. Cover with foil. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; return to the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 294 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Mexi-Corn Lasagna Main Dish in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Second Edition