Beefy Tomato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 176 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 meat, 1 starch.
Nov 27, 2017
This is a wonderful, delicious and easy soup. I've been making it for a few years now. My nephew once said, "it's a party in my mouth!!!" when I served it to him!!!
Mar 15, 2012
Very easy to make, but a little too simple in taste for me. Maybe add some veggies to it.
Feb 9, 2010
This is a very good soup. It is so easy especially since you don't even have to cook the macaroni first.
Oct 5, 2009
Great taste and real easy to make.
Jun 16, 2009
This is a great soup. It was so easy to make.