Sharing recipes with friends is a favorite pastime of mine, and I get many requests for this mouthwatering main dish.—Trudy Williams, Shannonville, Ontario
Recommended: 35 Easy Dinners to Try This Winter
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 cups shredded fully cooked beef rump roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4-1/2 cups rigatoni or other large tube pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces each) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. stir in the beef, salt and pepper flakes. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add pasta; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Beefy Tomato Rigatoni in Country Woman November/December 2001, p35
Reviews forBeefy Tomato Rigatoni
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2010
"Outstanding! Great way to use leftover pot roast."