VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 cups shredded fully cooked beef rump roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4-1/2 cups rigatoni or other large tube pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in beef, salt and pepper flakes. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add pasta; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Beefy Tomato Rigatoni in Country Woman November/December 2001, p35
Reviews forBeefy Tomato Rigatoni
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2010
"Outstanding! Great way to use leftover pot roast."