Beefy Tomato Pasta Soup Recipe
If you're a fan of Italian fare, you'll like this chunky combination from Nancy Rollag, Kewaskum, Wisconsin. "I enjoy this satisfying soup, and it's easier to fix than lasagna," she writes.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 to 6 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- Croutons, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the water, tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add pasta.
- 2. Cook for 10-14 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with croutons if desired. Yield: 10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 207 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 718mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 meat.
Reviews for Beefy Tomato Pasta Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC