If you're a fan of Italian fare, you'll like this chunky combination from Nancy Rollag, Kewaskum, Wisconsin. "I enjoy this satisfying soup, and it's easier to fix than lasagna," she writes.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 to 6 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- Croutons, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the water, tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add pasta.
- Cook for 10-14 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with croutons if desired. Yield: 10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Beefy Tomato Pasta Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p37
Reviews forBeefy Tomato Pasta Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review