Beefy Taco Dip
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth. Spread on a 12- to 14-in. pizza pan or serving dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, brown beef; drain. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Cool completely. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and green pepper. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 216 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2017
To spice up the cream cheese mixture, if you have some, use some taco bell hot sauce (I use mild) packets in with the mixture. Gives it some flavor. Or, I keep a "taco blend" spice mix I make and sprinkle some of that into the mixture. Otherwise, it is great.
Apr 18, 2017
Made this for an Easter gathering. Everyone loved it! Tasted great!
Dec 26, 2016
bottom layer too bland, pretty tho, would play around with spicing more. An awful big mess, when you dump on the floor !!!!!
Oct 25, 2015
good base dip, but I felt that the flavors could have been a little more outstanding. I will make again, and play with the spices next time.
Aug 19, 2015
This is a winner! My husband raved over it. I keep coming back for leftovers. One variation I tried and liked, was to saute diced onion and zucchini with the meat. This kept the mixture a little moister and added a little more vegetable content. We'll be having this often.
Aug 7, 2015
Rather than using tomato sauce, try with salca sauce, sublime! :)
Sep 23, 2013
We like this recipe! The tomato sauce and fresh tomatoes give it great tomato flavor. The cream cheese mixture offsets the taco spices, onions and peppers. It can be spiced up with hotter peppers, zestier onions and a sprinkle of hot pepper flakes in the meat mixture.
Sep 6, 2013
very tasty but I make a version where I added refried beans as the base, cover it with avocado seasoned, salsa, shredded Mexican cheese and gr onions on top and heat it at 350 for 20 mins. Just prefer it hot! /g Borczyk Field Editor
Sep 5, 2013
this recipe is awesome! I have made this many times and it is allways a big hit.
Sep 5, 2013
this recipe is so awesome! I have made this many times and it is allways a big hit.