Beefy Rice Tomato Skillet
For an easy home-style dinner that is truly filling, try this one-dish skillet recipe.—Ellyn Graebert, Yuma, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, celery, onion and pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the corn, soup, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 261 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Originally published as Beefy Tomato Rice Skillet in The Taste of Home Cookbook 3rd Edition--Bonus 30-Minute Light
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.