Beefy Rice Supper
When I need to prepare a meal in a hurry, I can always depend on this beefy dish.—Bernadette Colvin, Tomball, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) beef-flavored rice mix
- 1 pound boneless round steak, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned green or sweet red pepper
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute beef in butter for 2-3 minutes. Add beef, broccoli, onion and green pepper to rice. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Originally published as Beefy Rice Supper in Country Woman September/October 1998