Beefy Rice Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) beef-flavored rice mix
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepared rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and green pepper until the meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the rice, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Oct 12, 2014
I confess to not having made this in a number of years now; but when my kids were little and I was a full-time working mom of 3, I used this one a LOT. ALL of my kids gobbled it up; in fact, most of the time, I doubled the recipe to make sure I had enough. I didn't always use the shredded cheese, though. It's good enough without but put it on if you like! Thanks Mildred for this recipe and years of cooking this recipe!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.