Beefy Pasta and Rice
This wonderful recipe has two things going for it—it's good, and it's inexpensive to make. I usually serve it with homemade applesauce and biscuits.—Heidi Butts, Streetsboro, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In another skillet, brown rice and spaghetti in butter. Stir in the beef mixture, broth, peas, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice and spaghetti are tender.