- 2 slices bread, torn
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef consomme
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine bread and milk. Add the egg, onion, salt and pepper; mix well. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in small batches over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add consomme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the mushrooms, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and bouillon. Add meatballs; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve over noodles if desired. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forBeefy Mushroom Meatballs
"My family loved it."
"I love all kinds of stroganoff and figured this meatball recipe would be a great addition to my collection. The sauce for this recipe had an odd taste I didn't like at all. I won't make this again unless I change to my own creamy standby sauce. I hoped this would be terrific but I was really disappointed."
"I've made this recipe several times. It's kid friendly which is a huge plus. I use fresh mushrooms. I've served with noodles or mashed potatoes. Rice would be good, too."
"Loved this recipe, very, very good. Followed the directions as written, came out perfect. If anyone tries it make sure to use the 2 cans of mushrooms & egg noodles. Thanks for sharing."