This recipe is quick and easy, and helps use the eggs from our chickens. It works for breakfast, lunch or dinner, especially served with some flour tortillas and fruit or salad. Guests can top them however they like. —Sandra Leonard, Peculiar, Missouri
Featured In: 30 Breakfast for Dinner Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: reduced-fat sour cream, guacamole, salsa and chopped green onions
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain and return to pan.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Stir tomatoes, reserved liquid, corn, chilies and salt into beef mixture; bring to a simmer. With the back of a spoon, make six wells in beef mixture; add an egg to each well. Sprinkle with pepper. Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until egg whites are completely set.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortillas and toppings as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beefy Huevos Rancheros in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p65