- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Additional cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add the macaroni, barbecue sauce, pepper and cayenne.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium heat until butter is melted. Stir in cheese until melted. Pour over the macaroni mixture; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBeefy Barbecue Macaroni
"Only used 1/2 pound of ground beef. Also didn't have enough BBQ sauce so I used packets on Arby's Sauce that I had on hand. Gave an extra couple of shakes of cayenne pepper. My 8 year old said it was a little too spicy, but she had a second helping. Enjoyed by the whole family for a last-minute dinner that was easy to put together."
"This is delicious and so easy to make. You know everyone in this household loves it because they pig out on it and don't say a word."
"Family loved this! A great quick supper for busy nights!"
"My family loves this! It is super easy which I love. I can never get the sauce to be anything other than a big clump so I just pour the milk into the noodle mixture and stir in the cheese until it melts. I have also made it with American cheese with good results."
"Made this pretty quick, was a success. I didnt use fresh garlic- powder instead. And didnt have time make cheese sause. Put butter & milk over noodles- then added lots cheese on top. At allre ipes.com-they have an excellant tutorial on how make cheese sauces!"
"This was really yummy and so easy to make. I adjusted the seasonings cuz we like spicier, but will definately make again!"
"My family loves this dish! I've made it several times and now my mom makes it for her and my dad. Add a little extra cayenne for more of a kick if you like it spicy. So good!"