Beefy Bacon Chowder Recipe
Rave reviews are sure to follow when this creamy chowder appears on the table. Bacon makes it rich and hearty. It's a favorite with my whole family. - Nancy Schmidt, Center, Colorado.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups milk
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes, cooked
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups chopped carrots, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the milk, potatoes, soup, carrots, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in the bacon just before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 each: 214 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Bacon Chowder
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2012
"Very filling and easy to make"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC