Rave reviews are sure to follow when this creamy chowder appears on the table. Bacon makes it rich and hearty. It's a favorite with my whole family. - Nancy Schmidt, Center, Colorado.
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups milk
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes, cooked
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups chopped carrots, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the milk, potatoes, soup, carrots, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in the bacon just before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Beef and Bacon Chowder in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p122
Reviews forBeefy Bacon Chowder
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2012
"Very filling and easy to make"