Beefy Au Gratin Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes or cheddar and bacon potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Set potato sauce mix aside. Place potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with corn. In a bowl, combine soup, water, chilies, mushrooms, pimientos and reserved sauce mix; mix well. Pour a third of the mixture over corn. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to slow cooker. Top with remaining sauce mixture. Do not stir. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 358 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1256mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Sep 7, 2012
The recipe was simple to follow as most crock pot recipes are. The finished product was tasted (evryone, all five of us) and given a proper buriel down the garbage disposal. Most families do not have food, time, or money to waste and with this recipe you will be wasting all three. As a home cook I have researched, developed, and cooked thousands of meals. I have raised 24 children and now have 14 grandchildren. Not once have I ever had such a complete flop that in no way could be saved. That is until now. I wish the person who came up with this idea, albeit a great idea in concept, all the best. I am sure they could not possibly come up with anything worse. Best of luck.
May 23, 2009
wow, do people really eat hamburger helper? real cooks dont even look at hambuger helper.
Jan 28, 2009
Dear Maryko, I read your comment about beefy au gratin potatoes, and am interested in knowing how long ago your husband received his kidney. I, too, am a kidney recipient - received transplant April 1, 2003. Hope your husband is doing well!!Sincerely,
Nov 15, 2008
I made it very easy to make and I love recipes that call for slow cookers. It as a OK recipe family did eat it. But will not be making again..Hamburger Helper is better!
Jul 22, 2008
I just can't bring myself to use boxed dehydrated potatoes with chemical ingredients. my husband is a diabetic, with a kidney transplant. He is on immuno surpresant drugs. I try to use as much as possible not use , chemical and other additives! In spite of the time involved (not much) I will make "HOMEMADE", Au Gratin.Mko SO Lwrence.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.