- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes or cheddar and bacon potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Set potato sauce mix aside. Place potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with corn. In a bowl, combine soup, water, chilies, mushrooms, pimientos and reserved sauce mix; mix well. Pour a third of the mixture over corn. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to slow cooker. Top with remaining sauce mixture. Do not stir. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forBeefy Au Gratin Potatoes
"The recipe was simple to follow as most crock pot recipes are. The finished product was tasted (evryone, all five of us) and given a proper buriel down the garbage disposal. Most families do not have food, time, or money to waste and with this recipe you will be wasting all three. As a home cook I have researched, developed, and cooked thousands of meals. I have raised 24 children and now have 14 grandchildren. Not once have I ever had such a complete flop that in no way could be saved. That is until now. I wish the person who came up with this idea, albeit a great idea in concept, all the best. I am sure they could not possibly come up with anything worse. Best of luck."
"wow, do people really eat hamburger helper? real cooks dont even look at hambuger helper."
"Dear Maryko, I read your comment about beefy au gratin potatoes, and am interested in knowing how long ago your husband received his kidney. I, too, am a kidney recipient - received transplant April 1, 2003. Hope your husband is doing well!!Sincerely,"
"I made it very easy to make and I love recipes that call for slow cookers. It as a OK recipe family did eat it. But will not be making again..Hamburger Helper is better!"
"I just can't bring myself to use boxed dehydrated potatoes with chemical ingredients. my husband is a diabetic, with a kidney transplant. He is on immuno surpresant drugs. I try to use as much as possible not use , chemical and other additives! In spite of the time involved (not much) I will make "HOMEMADE", Au Gratin.Mko SO Lwrence."