Beef with Ramen Noodles Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons broth until smooth; set aside. Set aside seasoning packet from noodles. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. In a skillet, stir-fry beef in oil. Add soy sauce; cook for 3-4 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Drain noodles; add to beef.
- 3. Stir in the corn, broccoli, red pepper, carrot, onions and remaining broth. Sprinkle contents of seasoning packet over all.
- 4. Cook for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir reserved cornstarch mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 592 calories, 29g fat (9g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 2130mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Beef with Ramen Noodles
"This came together quickly but required quite a bit of attention. I served it with a fried egg on top and left out the peanuts. I don't have any leftovers, even with picky eaters."
"One of my "go to" recipes!"
"Very easy to prepare. Even my picky 8 year old daughter loved it."
"I really liked this recipe, but recommend that you eat as much as you can during the meal because the leftovers don't keep well."
"this is also great with hamburger meat and ginger!!"