With such robust flavor, no one will ever guess this super stir-fry is low in fat! So even folks not on restricted diets will find it appealing.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground round (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet, stir-fry meat until browned; drain. Add onion and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add green pepper, mushrooms, vegetables, sprouts and water chestnuts. Stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine broth, cornstarch, soy sauce and ginger; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beef Vegetable Stir-Fry in Country Woman September/October 1995, p36