Chipotle sauce gives these meaty open-faced tacos just the right amount of heat to fire up a fiesta at the dinner table. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 24 Quick Dinners You Can Literally Toss Together
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons chipotle sauce
- 6 tostada shells
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups guacamole
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook beef and red pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili sauce, taco seasoning, salt and pepper; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and chipotle sauce. Layer each tostada with lettuce, meat mixture, guacamole, cheese and chipotle cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef Tostadas in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p17
Reviews forBeef Tostadas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2010
"These are always a hit!"