- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, tomato sauce, cumin and garlic salt; cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, spread 2-3 tablespoons refried beans over each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon of Monterey Jack cheese and 1 tablespoon olives. Roll up.
- Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and olives. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBeef-Topped Bean Enchiladas
"I liked it as is but my other half wanted it with corn tortillas."
"This looks good but it is clearly a BURRITO."