Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or beef broth
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1. Place tenderloin in a large resealable plastic bag. Combine the wine, soy sauce, rosemary, Dijon mustard, ground mustard and garlic. Pour half of the marinade over tenderloin; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4-12 hours, turning several times. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Place the potatoes, Brussels sprouts and carrots in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; add reserved marinade and toss to coat. Cover and bake at 425° for 20 minutes; stir.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade from tenderloin. Place tenderloin over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 4. Remove beef and let stand for 15 minutes. Check vegetables for doneness. If additional roasting is needed, cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Slice beef and serve with vegetables. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving: 283 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 627mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.