Beef Tenderloin with Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + marinating Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3 envelopes (.7 ounce each) Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a shallow dish. Pierce tenderloin in several places; add to dish and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; toss with butter, salt and pepper.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Arrange potatoes around meat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 60-75 minutes, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing; serve with pan juices and potatoes.
Dec 21, 2019
This is one of my family’s favorite meals for Christmas dinner. I do not use a rack. I serve with steamed broccoli and glazed carrots. We love it!
Dec 5, 2009
Thought this was very good. Didn't use a rack, though, as I like to cook veggies in the gravy. Will definitely be making this again.