Beef Tenderloin Supreme
A wine and mushroom gravy gives fantastic flavor to tenderloin slices. It’s perfect for entertaining because the meat marinates overnight.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Bake: 45 min. + standing
Makes12 servings (3 cups sauce)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups Burgundy wine or additional beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (4 pounds)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for sauce.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 45-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- For sauce, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add the reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef.
Originally published as Beef Tenderloin Supreme in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips