Beef Tenderloin Supreme
A wine and mushroom gravy gives fantastic flavor to tenderloin slices. It’s perfect for entertaining because the meat marinates overnight.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Bake: 45 min. + standing
Makes12 servings (3 cups sauce)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups Burgundy wine or additional beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (4 pounds)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Place beef in a shallow dish large; add half of the marinade. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for sauce.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 45-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- For sauce, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add the reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef.
Originally published as Beef Tenderloin Supreme in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.