VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- For salad dressing, in a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, mustard, milk, vinegar, horseradish, sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water; drain and pat dry. Cover and refrigerate.
- If grilling the steaks, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Rub steaks with garlic; discard garlic. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- On four serving plates, arrange the greens, tomatoes and asparagus. Thinly slice beef; place over salad. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beef Tenderloin Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p13
Reviews forBeef Tenderloin Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 28, 2013
"Fabulous! The dressing was wonderful!"