- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa, taco seasoning and pepper. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk and biscuit mix just until blended; pour over cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBeef Taco Pie
"Wanted something new, easy to make and very enjoyable!"
"I used this as a base. I mixed enchilada sauce with the hamburger, added a can of beans, and a cup of cooked noodles. This recipe is very versatile so can design it any way you want. It's also super easy. Thank you!"
"So good will be making this quite often, thank you."
"This was very good and easy to make. Could have used a little more salsa but i will just add more next time. Also to make it do a little further i add one can of whole white potatos that i just mushed up with clean hands right into the mixture. No one even noticed. Very much a stand by."
"This was a very simple and easy recipe. I didn't even have to make a special trip to the grocery store. We didn't have any salsa, so I substituted a partial jar of leftover spaghetti sauce and a small can of tomato paste. I used a tomato paste can of water to thin it out a little. I thought bisquick topping kind of overwhelmed the meat somewhat. If I make this again, I think I will add some ricotta or cottage cheese."
"Delicious and simple! I also did a lasagna version I found on the Bisquick website, both were AWESOME."
"Very good and simple to make!!"
"Very good! I had some leftover raw diced potato that I added to use up. Turned out great! And it went together quickly, a bonus for us working folks!"
"we loved it.a big hit.A lso the salsa chicken was the best of all. my husband can't stop braging to others about it!!!"