Beef Taco Muffins
Who doesn't love tacos? I decided to recreate a beefy classic as muffins. We love the baked sour cream and cheese on top. Just add your favorite toppings! —Melissa Haines, Burlington, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: Shredded lettuce, chopped green onions, chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough; separate each into eight triangles. Press each triangle onto the bottom and up sides of an ungreased muffin cup. Prick bottoms with a fork. Bake until light golden, 4-6 minutes. Using a spoon, press gently to reshape cups.
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- In each muffin cup, place 1-1/2 tablespoons beef mixture, about 1/2 teaspoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Top as desired.
Nutrition Facts2 muffins: 388 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 963mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Tacos In A Muffin Tin! in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018