- 4 medium zucchini
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice off the bottoms so they sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Place zucchini shells in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Fill each zucchini shell with 2 tablespoons meat mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBeef Stuffed Zucchini Boats
"This made an okay weeknight dinner served with green beans and a rice pilaf. I think zucchini lovers would really like it."
"AMAZING!!!!!! Never liked Zucchini before this recipe."
"I used 1 lb. of hamburger with the 2 TBSP. of Soy Sauce and everyone agreed it still was a bit over powering. I suggest you add and taste it little by little. I also steamed the zucchini aladente which worked out well when I put it in the oven to warm up. Otherwise good idea."