Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 4 large sweet onions
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Cut tops off onions and peel them. Scoop out centers to within 1/4 in. of edge; set shells aside. Chop the removed onion; set aside 1/4 cup (refrigerate remaining onion for another use).
- In a bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs, soup, green pepper, oregano, salt, pepper and chopped onion; mix well. Stuff the onions. Arrange in a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Pour over onions.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 175 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 5, 2013
Look Tanamakoa, I CAN read & I had the same question as love2clog. This recipe leaves one to figure it out yourself. And, had Tast of Home not added the footnote that it was tested in an 1100 watt microwave, how else would one know what was intended. I truly hate it when people omit all the necessary directions - which was done here. YES, I HAVE BEEN A COOK FOR MANY, MANY YEARS. Now this recipe sounds delicious and I will prepare it.
Sep 25, 2011
People should learn to read. It clearly states both prep and cook time and also says that it was tested in a 1100 W micowave
Sep 25, 2011
Apr 18, 2010
I am assuming this should be cooked after pouring the mixture over the onions, but you left off how long, what method (microwave or regular oven) and what temperature!