Beef Stuffed Burritos
Living in Arizona, we enjoy all sorts of foods with southwestern flair, such as these beef-stuffed tortillas. The recipe is easy to make and easy to serve. — Amy Martin, Waddell, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 2 hours 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 bone-in beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 to 3 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 18 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons each shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, fat-free sour cream and salsa
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown roast in oil; drain. Add water, onion, garlic, oregano, seasoning and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roasts; cool. Remove meat from bone and cut into bite-size pieces. Skim fat from pan juices. Add tomatoes and chilies; mix well. Add meat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Combine flour and cold water until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add pepper sauce. Spoon down the center of tortillas; fold top and bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with cheese, sour cream and salsa.