Beef Stroganoff Sandwich Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Add salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- 2. Cut bread lengthwise in half; butter both halves and place on baking sheets. Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream. Spoon onto the bread. Sprinkle with tomatoes, green pepper and cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted (bake longer for crispier bread). Yield: 10 servings.
1 piece: 573 calories, 37g fat (19g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Beef Stroganoff Sandwich
"These were delicious. Was surprised no mushrooms were in this, as most stroganoff recipes have them. o.k. with me. Not a big mushroom fan. Only thing I did different was add a tsp. Worcestershire sauce to meat. Don't know if that what was missing in yours Prplmonky, but it added just a little bite. Thanks for sharing."
"My husband and I thought this was really good but lacked something. I'm not sure if I did it incorrectly, but I cut the recipe in half (1lb ground meat), had less than half a pound of French bread, and the meat still didn't cover it all. There is definitely something missing but I can't put my finger on it. Otherwise a quick, easy, yummy meal. I'll be making this again, and I'll try to experiment with it a bit to see if I can find that missing ingredient."
"This one is a family favorite, we have it at least once a month. I use dried minced onion and Mexican blend cheese."
"These are So good! Leftovers are great too!"
"My Aunt and I are "the chiefs" I our famil. We're always trying to find and imress each other with Great tasting receipes. I discovered this one when it first came out years ago and made it for my Aunt and Uncle for a dinner when they came in to visit us. It was a hit and very delicious I put it in my "Receipe file box" where it will stay permentaly. This is really good ya'll. Try it and see for yourself!"
"Whole family enjoys!"
"This is a real simple but satisfying meal! My kids ask for it all the time."
"These were really great tasting. I love stroganoff and this really hit the spot!"
"Left out the green bell pepper added mushroom"
"My Family loves this!"
"I halved the recipe on everything except the bread. It made a nice large serving for 4. It will be added as a nice family favorite. I added canned mushrooms on half, it was great."
"We made this awhile ago and my family loved it.It was delicious.Thanx for putting this recipe on here."
"We love these, and as a bonus, they freeze and re-heat great!"