- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Add salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cut bread lengthwise in half; butter both halves and place on baking sheets. Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream. Spoon onto the bread. Sprinkle with tomatoes, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted (bake longer for crispier bread). Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forBeef Stroganoff Sandwich
"These were delicious. Was surprised no mushrooms were in this, as most stroganoff recipes have them. o.k. with me. Not a big mushroom fan. Only thing I did different was add a tsp. Worcestershire sauce to meat. Don't know if that what was missing in yours Prplmonky, but it added just a little bite. Thanks for sharing."
"My husband and I thought this was really good but lacked something. I'm not sure if I did it incorrectly, but I cut the recipe in half (1lb ground meat), had less than half a pound of French bread, and the meat still didn't cover it all. There is definitely something missing but I can't put my finger on it. Otherwise a quick, easy, yummy meal. I'll be making this again, and I'll try to experiment with it a bit to see if I can find that missing ingredient."
"This one is a family favorite, we have it at least once a month. I use dried minced onion and Mexican blend cheese."
"These are So good! Leftovers are great too!"
"My Aunt and I are "the chiefs" I our famil. We're always trying to find and imress each other with Great tasting receipes. I discovered this one when it first came out years ago and made it for my Aunt and Uncle for a dinner when they came in to visit us. It was a hit and very delicious I put it in my "Receipe file box" where it will stay permentaly. This is really good ya'll. Try it and see for yourself!"
"Whole family enjoys!"
"This is a real simple but satisfying meal! My kids ask for it all the time."
"These were really great tasting. I love stroganoff and this really hit the spot!"
"Left out the green bell pepper added mushroom"
"My Family loves this!"