Beef Stroganoff Melt
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salt, garlic powder and pepper. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream
- Cut French bread in half lengthwise. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread butter over cut halves; top with meat mixture and half of the cheese.
- Arrange green pepper and tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 665 calories, 37g fat (22g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Feb 17, 2014
My husband and I love this recipe. There are a few downsides though: a) it's a bit messy to eat b) it doesn't keep/reheat
May 1, 2013
We loved this! What a great idea - thanks!
Nov 25, 2012
My family really enjoyed this. We used whole wheat baguettes and only made half the filling. It was excellent. Next time I think I will add more mushrooms and some basil. This is a keeper.
Oct 8, 2012
very filling - easy to make lowfat - whole family really enjoys it
Sep 15, 2012
This recipe turned out great! I used venison instead of hamburger, took away the pepper and sprinkled basil on top. It turned out yum. The basil went well with the swiss cheese and the tomato.
Oct 27, 2009
Very good. Its a nice change from pasta
Mar 27, 2009
Yummy and different!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.