- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Paprika, optional
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix well. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place in a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- In a saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in 3 tablespoons flour and salt until blended. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes; reduce heat. Combine sour cream and remaining flour until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Add meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBeef Stroganoff Meatballs
"Excellent recipe. The Worcestershire really makes the meatballs extra tasty! I sometimes make the meatballs smaller and serve as a appetizer with tooth pics."
"We really enjoyed this recipe. I used a lot more beef broth than called for to keep the sauce thinned to a good consistency. Next time I'll use less flour or add it a little at a time."
"This dish is absolutely wonderful. It's become one of our family favorites but it tastes fancy enough for a dinner party. Pretty straight forward to prepare but a great result. Yummy!"
"Have made these for a few people and everyone has enjoyed it. It's a favorite"
"This are yummy! I doubled the recipe for the meatballs and served them with 1 recipe of the sauce over noodles. I froze the other half. I made another batch of the sauce another day and served them with several other appetizers."