For a refreshing meal in minutes, Betty Gregoire of Austin, Texas adds chilled beef tenderloin to a tasty green salad with a tangy sour cream and lemon dressing.
Recommended: 30 Satisfying Protein-Packed Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound beef tenderloin
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup torn leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimientos
- 3 pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium 160°; well-done 170°). Refrigerate until chilled.
- Thinly slice the beef; place in a bowl. Add onion, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Divide the lettuce and beef mixture between two serving plates; top with green pepper, pimientos and olives. Combine sour cream and lemon juice; serve with salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Beef Strip Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p11