Beef Stir-Fry on a Stick
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups large fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Hot cooked rice
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, water, oil, soy sauce, garlic and pepper flakes.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the broccoli, squash, red pepper and beef. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender, basting occasionally with glaze. Serve with rice.
Aug 16, 2013
Delicious kabobs! It's definitely worth the extra money to buy the beef tenderloin.
Dec 5, 2008
Don't be dissuaded by the seeming simplicity of this recipe, it is the best beef kabob recipe we have ever had. The meat always turns out tender and absolutely full of flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.