- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. In another bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar; gradually stir in cold water, vinegar and bouillon until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. Add vegetables, onion and garlic to skillet; stir-fry until crisp-tender. Stir bouillon mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to pan; cook until vegetables are tender and beef is heated through. Stir in orange peel. Serve over rice. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forBeef Stir-Fry for One
"This looks good. I entered the list of ingredients into an on-line calorie counter with the folling results:Nutrition Grade B- Calories 367Good points High in selenium High in vitamin B12, High in zincBad points High in sodium"
"Where's the nutrition facts on this?"
"if you like sweet and sour you will probably like this. For me I thought it was way to sweet. Hubby kept adding salt to take away from the sweet flavor. I'm sure this is a great recipe for someone that is not diabetic."