Beef Steaks With Blue Cheese Recipe
My guests often ask for this winning recipe and are surprised at how simple it is to prepare.
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place meat on broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat is browned and cooked to desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the blue cheese and butter; set aside. In a skillet, saute bread cubes in oil until golden brown. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top steaks with blue cheese mixture and sprinkle with croutons; broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is slightly melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Beef Steaks With Blue Cheese
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2015
"We don't add the bread but this has become one of our absolute favorites as far as steak recipes. Absolutely simple and AMAZING :)"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC