VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place meat on broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat is browned and cooked to desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the blue cheese and butter; set aside. In a skillet, saute bread cubes in oil until golden brown. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top steaks with blue cheese mixture and sprinkle with croutons; broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is slightly melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Beef Steaks With Blue Cheese in Reminisce Extra February 2004, p52
Reviews forBeef Steaks With Blue Cheese
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2015
"We don't add the bread but this has become one of our absolute favorites as far as steak recipes. Absolutely simple and AMAZING :)"