- 2 beef tenderloin steaks, 1-1/2 inches thick
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place meat on broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat is browned and cooked to desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the blue cheese and butter; set aside. In a skillet, saute bread cubes in oil until golden brown. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top steaks with blue cheese mixture and sprinkle with croutons; broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is slightly melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBeef Steaks With Blue Cheese
"We don't add the bread but this has become one of our absolute favorites as far as steak recipes. Absolutely simple and AMAZING :)"