- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the mushrooms; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBeef Spaghetti Sauce
"I absolutely love this spaghetti sauce, it's got just the right amount of heartiness and sauciness, not too runny and not too dry. I added 1 can of hot rotel tomatoes the second try and I also use fresh garlic when sauteing the onions. Love it! Thanks!"
"My whole family LOVES this spaghetti sauce! I've been making it for several years now. I think the long simmer, as it instructs, REALLY makes this extra yummy!"
"I used this recipe for a Big Cook day and it was fantastic!! I will definitely be making this again :) It was great both as a spaghetti sauce as well as making great lasange."
"Simple and easy, this recipe is excellent! I used my home grown tomatoes instead of can crushed and fresh basil not dried --and everyone loved it. Made this several times and will make many more times"
"I think this is a very nice recipe. I like meat sauce and my husband likes meatballs. But he really likes this one Thank you"