Beef Soup in a Hurry
Loellen Holley needs just a few canned goods to stir up this comforting microwave mixture. “I call this ‘throw-together soup‘,“ says the Topock, Arizona cook. “Serve it with a green salad and hot bread or rolls,“ she suggests. “You can also simmer this soup in a slow cooker.“
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (24 ounces) beef stew
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 188 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 1030mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Apr 9, 2014
I have made this several times. It is quick ,easy, and I have these items in my pantry already.
Aug 12, 2010
Very quick and easy to put together. A hearty soup with lots of flavor. I cooked this on top of the stove instead of using the microwave.