- 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles (about 4 cups)
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, tomato sauce and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn and noodles; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand, covered, until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBeef Skillet Supper
"This recipe seemed a bit bland when I read it. I added 1 tsp worchestershire sauce, some crushed red pepper flakes, 1 clove minced garlic, and a dash of garlic powder. I also cooked frozen corn in the microwave and added it, instead of using canned mexicorn. I topped it with Kraft Tex Mex cheese. It turned out delicious. I will definitely make this again with these modifications. Great recipe!"
"I MADE THIS RECIPE FOR MY SUPER PICKY HUSBAND AND HE LOVED IT ONLY THING I DID ALITTLE DIFFERENT WAS I USED A SPECIAL BLEND OF MEXICAN CHEESES INSTEAD OF THE CHEDDAR ALONE"
"i agree , i added some garlic and some italian seasoning and added fresh mushrooms instead of corn and used motz cheese because i had it on hand. was pretty good. served with garlic knots"
"Needs some flavor. Rather bland. Will make again and add additional spices."