Beef & Roasted Pepper Pinwheels
Colorful basil leaves and roasted sweet red peppers add a festive touch to roll-ups featuring a garlic-cheese spread and deli meat.—Virginia Anthony, Jacksonville, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled farmer or ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 6 slices deli roast beef
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each tortilla; layer with basil leaves, red peppers and beef. Spread mayonnaise over beef. Roll up tightly; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Unwrap and cut each into eight slices.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the roll-ups the day before; remove plastic wrap and slice as needed.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 42 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Wrap-and-Roll Basil Pinwheels in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips