Beef & Roasted Pepper Pinwheels
Colorful basil leaves and roasted sweet red peppers add a festive touch to roll-ups featuring a garlic-cheese spread and deli meat.—Virginia Anthony, Jacksonville, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled farmer or ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 6 slices deli roast beef
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each tortilla; layer with basil leaves, red peppers and beef. Spread mayonnaise over beef. Roll up tightly; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Unwrap and cut each into eight slices.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the roll-ups the day before; remove plastic wrap and slice as needed.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 42 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Wrap-and-Roll Basil Pinwheels in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.